The most wonderful time of the year is upon us once more!
Winter Wonderland 2023 is here, and we are incredibly proud to be working with the team there for the 11th year in a row to design, sculpt and install this year’s Ice Kingdom.
This annual event draws in a whopping three million people, and in this blog, we explain why it’s so popular.
Where is Winter Wonderland?
Located in the heart of London, Hyde Park has been transformed into a magical winter wonderland every year since 2005.
This infamous urban park turns into a fun and festive winter escape, complete with Christmas trees, twinkling lights, and festive attractions around every corner.
Winter Wonderland is easily accessible via the park’s multiple entrances but is best reached from Hyde Park Corner or Marble Arch tube station.
When does Winter Wonderland start?
Winter Wonderland 2023 kicks off the festive season on November 17 and runs for six weeks through to January 1 2024, allowing everyone a chance to enjoy the winter festivities!
Whether you’re looking for a fun day trip to celebrate in the run-up to Christmas or a New Year’s treat, there is plenty of time to explore and enjoy everything Winter Wonderland has to offer.
What’s on at Winter Wonderland?
Winter Wonderland is packed full of fun and exciting attractions for people of all ages to enjoy.
Here, we have listed a brief overview of some of the highlights we would highly recommend checking out:
- Winter Wonderland’s Ice Kingdom: We may be biased, but we think everyone should experience the magic of journeying through the nine realms of Norse mythology crafted from 500 tonnes of ice and snow by our team!
- The Giant Wheel: Take in London’s iconic skyline atop the 70m giant wheel.
- Christmas Market: Start your Christmas shopping early by strolling through the 100 festive chalets with unique gifts, decorations, and delicious bites to eat.
- Pepsi Max Fire Pit: Keep warm and enjoy a toasted marshmallow over the flames!
- Bar Ice: Enjoy an ice-cold beverage at the 80’s themed Après ski ice bar, but make sure to wrap up as the bar is kept at a frosty -10°C!
- Rides and rollercoasters: There are countless rides and rollercoasters on offer at this year’s Winter Wonderland; from the Euro Coaster to the Ice Mountain, there are fun attractions to suit all ages.
Why visit the Winter Wonderland’s Ice Kingdom?
Amongst all the enchanting visitor attractions London has to offer during the festive period, Winter Wonderland’s Ice Kingdom undoubtedly stands out as one of the most unique and unforgettable experiences.
This year’s Kingdom is bigger and better than ever, carved and sculpted from 500 tonnes of ice and snow.
Visitors are invited to discover the frosty Viking Ice Village, where you can journey through the Lands of Giants, Fire and Ice with beautifully carved mythical creatures and Norse Gods and Goddesses along the way!
Last year’s Winter Wonderland Ice Kingdom
The team from Hamilton Ice was proud to work on last year’s Winter Wonderland Ice Kingdom, which allowed visitors to journey through the Icy Medieval Kingdom and watch the King save his Queen from the evil ice witch!
Last year’s Ice Kingdom was a huge hit, and Winter Wonderland 2023 promises to be just as spectacular.
We hope to see you all there!